Thursday, October 20, 2011

...October 21, 2011...

That was 10 years ago
Love we found so true

You became the center of my world

I became your life’s antidote
We beat the odds together



Full of dreams

Full of plans
Full of love

Our commitment and trust we keep

‘Til death do us part we want to achieve

Stillness intervene

You refused to talk

I rebuffed to listen

You lied

I gave you the chance

You walked away

I gave up

You tried to win me back

I had enough



I desire to blame you for the whole thing that happened

But I also have my own share of shortcomings

I want to work things out

You want to start all over again

I love you, I still do

You loved no one else

I know it’s true

But we need space for us to breathe

Sufficient space for us to be in love with ourselves first

The freedom that we never had when we exchanged our “I love you” 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment